リノベーションデス下
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

リノベーションデス下

A day will come when they will realize I was right
~Adolf Hitler~

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Possible Pathanons- Post Ideas

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
regnorock_95
Journeyman

Possible Pathanons- Post Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Possible Pathanons- Post Ideas   Possible Pathanons- Post Ideas EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 10:06 am

What are we using for a "religous" system? I relise that the Ender Dragon counts for one diety or avatar, but what abut the rest of the world?

The Legend of the Burning Sword suggests that Notch and Herobrine are the only immortal beings with dragons and the fiery fiend being more like demi/super beings.

In my post, the Origin of the ender Dragon, I illude to an and unnamed over being who created the gods, while the Ender Dragon is the avatar/child of the Great Serpent.

Other possiblities include animal worship, dragon worship (this could lead to a new religion if the Red Dragon is implemented), biome based dieties (one per the tiaga, tundra, jungle, desert, ocean, forest, swamps, caves, etc.), use a fantasy game based pathanon (i.e. Dungeons and Dragons or the Order of the Stick-comic), an exisiting pathanon (such as the Greek, Norse, or Egyptan), or spend deep thought and time into developing a whole new form of greater beings. sorry to the grammer and spelling nazis out there.

~TOPIC MOVED TO GENERAL ROLEPLAY DISCUSSIONS~
Back to top Go down
Irishkaiser
Greatest Ally
Greatest Ally
Irishkaiser

PostSubject: Re: Possible Pathanons- Post Ideas   Possible Pathanons- Post Ideas EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 10:50 am

Here's a brief description of the beliefs of the world.

The Church of MoOp - A major religion that was started and propagated by Civilization. This faith is most dominant in the Rise area but was once heavily worshipped throughout the Western half of the Empire and moderately worshipped throughout the Eastern half. It is not necessarily monotheistic considering the fact that it has a Grand Architect(Notch) and that Grand Architect's Valar(MoOp), otherwise called the Worldshaper or Great Patron.

Le Ancienx Deux - The Rise's old gods who've been largely uprooted by the Church of MoOp. Little, if any serious worship.

Asatru - a heavily Norse-based belief of the Dwarves. Few, if any take up the Asatru warrior faith. Contains existing Norse pantheon and role of Humans and Dwarves are modified to fit the lore.

Dux Immortal - New-age pantheists, under the idea that all souls are being prepared for immortal bodies, each rebirth being part of a cycle in order to give the soul enough knowledge and energy to support a immortal existence on a planet of immortals. A great deal of the religion encourages strong wills and many experiences in order to aid in the process.

Diamond Star - A very old Idolatry based around a legendary Diamond, and its keeper. The religion is very dwarf centric, discouraging outside worship. Mostly its about mining to try to find their diamond before the keeper corrupts or something.

The Elinik Pantheon - A Greek-inspired pantheon exclusively worshipped by the Dyogrothii. Their gods and goddesses are the dominant icons in the whole Peninsula. It believes in 7 gods and goddesses but believes these gods and goddesses are one(Pantheos). In effect, it is somewhat monotheistic.

The End Faith - The End Faith is a recent religion born out of Civilization and spread across to the Western half of the Empire effectively displacing MoOp as the dominant god of Civilization. The End Faith now finds its home in the vast Arctic West and is considered both a peaceful and war-like religion emphasizing on the discipline and control of a person over his or her own urges. It does not deny MoOp or Notch as legitimate deities and freely worships them and includes them in prayers and rituals - it only recognizes that there are other beings worth worshiping, beings that are more active in the world. To them, MoOp is distant and because of which deserves less emphasis.

---
Colored to show where they had their origins.

YELLOW = CIVILIZATION
BLUE = THE RISE
ORANGE = LAGOON
RED = DYOGROTHII PENINSULA

Back to top Go down
https://minezus10.forumotion.com
regnorock_95
Journeyman

PostSubject: Re: Possible Pathanons- Post Ideas   Possible Pathanons- Post Ideas EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 10:09 pm

Wundibar! cheers
Back to top Go down
Avver
Merp
Merp
Avver

PostSubject: Re: Possible Pathanons- Post Ideas   Possible Pathanons- Post Ideas EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 3:04 am

What are the names of the old gods? (Church of Moop)
Back to top Go down
Irishkaiser
Greatest Ally
Greatest Ally
Irishkaiser

PostSubject: Re: Possible Pathanons- Post Ideas   Possible Pathanons- Post Ideas EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 5:43 am

Avver wrote:
There are no old gods in the Church of MoOp.
Back to top Go down
Zolen
Citizen
Zolen

PostSubject: Re: Possible Pathanons- Post Ideas   Possible Pathanons- Post Ideas EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 2:42 pm

Spyware wrote:
Avver wrote:
There are no old gods in the Church of MoOp.

Why am I the only one who thinks it makes more sense to have multiple religions in a multi-species nation?
Back to top Go down
Irishkaiser
Greatest Ally
Greatest Ally
Irishkaiser

PostSubject: Re: Possible Pathanons- Post Ideas   Possible Pathanons- Post Ideas EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 2:49 pm

Zolen wrote:

Why am I the only one who thinks it makes more sense to have multiple religions in a multi-species nation?

Spyware wrote:

YELLOW = CIVILIZATION
Back to top Go down
Zolen
Citizen
Zolen

PostSubject: Re: Possible Pathanons- Post Ideas   Possible Pathanons- Post Ideas EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 2:59 pm

Spyware wrote:
Zolen wrote:

Spyware wrote:

YELLOW = CIVILIZATION

Those are splintering's of the same religion I don't count that. In the end they are following the same gods.
Back to top Go down
Irishkaiser
Greatest Ally
Greatest Ally
Irishkaiser

PostSubject: Re: Possible Pathanons- Post Ideas   Possible Pathanons- Post Ideas EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 3:07 pm

Zolen wrote:

Those are splintering's of the same religion I don't count that. In the end they are following the same gods.
Ok, you lost me again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible Pathanons- Post Ideas   Possible Pathanons- Post Ideas Empty

Back to top Go down

Possible Pathanons- Post Ideas
Page 1 of 1